Introducing the Providence Center for Photographic Arts (PCPA)
Do you love photography? Are you looking for a way to connect with other photographers? Do want to advance your skills? Exhibit your work? Get more involved in photo-based media. Become a member of PCPA!
The Providence Center for Photographic Arts was founded to inspire creative development and provides opportunities to engage with the community through exhibition, education, publication, and mutual support. Through the photo-based media, PCPA advances careers, stimulates dialogue, encourages inquiry and the communication of ideas.
PCPA supports the professional growth of its members by offering exhibitions, workshops, and mentorship programs. Members share a passion for creating, appreciating, and understanding all forms of photo-based media, providing a platform for artistic expression, and fostering a dialogue and innovation in the photographic arts.
Programming and activities
Our member-based organization has dedicated individuals working to expand the mission and programming for the organization. We develop programming for our audience in the local Providence area and far beyond. Click here to see our calendar of workshops, exhibits, and other activities here. All exhibits are free and open to the public.
The gallery continues to expand its activities to meet the needs our members and the photography community at large:
- Visit the gallery year-round. We’re open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 1-4pm
- Join us at our monthly exhibits. Our opening receptions are on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Our schedule is coordinated with Gallery Night Providence (a free guided art tour event open to the public every 3rd Thursday from March through November)
- Submit your entries to at least 2 jurored exhibits each year (open to the public through CAFÉ — callforentry.org)
- Become an exhibiting member of PCPA and participate in 2 member exhibits each year
- Expand your vision of photography by visiting our 8-12 individual photographer exhibits each year
- Increase your skills at our Spring and Fall photography workshops for professionals
- Meet other photographers at our monthly member salons
- Advance your body of work through annual portfolio reviews for members