Founding Board Members
Some dedicated individuals have joined me as founding board members to contribute their time and ideas to bring the Providence Center for Photographic Arts organization forward.
- David DeMelim is a Rhode Island based artist/photographer. David studied photography with Bart Paker and had a career in the commercial printing industry where he had a front row seat to the digital revolution that transformed both the print and photographic industries. David currently focuses on photography for publication and the production of artists books. His artistic work explores the expressive range of photography, constantly leveraging the advancing technology to push in new directions, blurring the lines between photography and printmaking.
- Ronald W. Dunbar, Jr. is an attorney with twenty-two years of experience and is admitted to practice in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Maine. Ron provides counsel to non-profit organizations in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Ron also is deeply passionate about the arts and, in addition to his commitment to PCPA, frequently provides feedback to independent film producers on numerous films that have been selected to premier at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Rosemary Marchetta is a mixed-media artist working in drawing, painting, and photography. After receiving a BFA from the University of Kansas, she spent several years working in commercial darkrooms. She currently lives and works in Providence, RI. and has been a member of the Board of Directors at AS220, where she participates in the media arts program. Marchetta’s recent work combines multiple layers of digital images to create ‘constructed reality’ compositions.
- As a national and international award winning art director and photographer, Peter Miller has spent decades pushing the boundaries of visual expression and technical capabilities. Peter established his marketing communications business, Peter Miller Art & Design, LLC, in 1992 and has worked for major imaging companies including Agfa-Gevaert, Polaroid, and Kodak, promoting their international brands. Peter launched Peter Miller Fine Art Photography Gallery in 2014. In 2016 Peter conceived, founded, and is the Chief Evangelist for the Providence Center for Photographic Arts.
- Steve Szydlowski is an award-winning photojournalist for The Providence Journal. Steve has photographed local and regional stories for 29 years as staff photographer. Previously Steve worked as a freelance photographer for the Associated Press and The New London Day (New London, CT). Steve has also organized and curated the Providence Journal traveling photographic exhibit “Living Vision” an exhibition of photography that has been shown in Providence and Westerly, Rhode Island.
- Tim Tolman had a successful career as a Creative Director and adjunct faculty member at RISD. He worked for dozens of clients, including Fidelity, Corning, Brown University, URI, WQED PBS and The Food Network. He was an innovator in interactive technology and computer animation. Having immersed himself in composition, color, image, and message, Tim has made a smooth transition to fine art. Tim is now a full-time artist with a studio in Pawtucket, working on the deconstruction of photographic imagery in oil, mixed media collage and silkscreen.